Back in September I chose to do a three day juice detox following Jason Vales juice master recipes. The first day was easy because I had mentally prepared myself for this but by day three I was absolutely starving! However, I did persist and I completed my three day juice detox challenge without ANY slip ups (Go me!). The intake of nutrients during this detox was enough to convince me to continue, after all, my body is a temple, but being honest, I only wanted to lose a few pounds so that I’d look good in my bikini on holiday! It certainly sorted out that concern rather quickly! The healthiest and tastiest speed diet ever! You don’t have to be a health expert to know that consuming raw fruit and veg is the best thing you can give your body, it is obviously the most natural form of nutrients which provides the body with what it needs to prevent and protect against disease and disorders. So losing weight quickly isn’t the only perk but mostly for health benefits I now continue with juice smoothies on occasion for breakfast. And here’s the recipe for the one I had today with some slight alterations from Jason Vales book:
Firstly you’ll need the right equipment:
- A juicer
- A blender
- 3 apples (I tend to use pink ladies or gala)
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 of a lemon (unwaxed)
- 2.5cm of cucumber
- 2.5cm of a broccoli stem
- 2.5cm of raw beetroot (Do not use the cooked stuff!)
- Half an avocado (a whole one if you like your smoothie really thick)
I always aim to buy my ingredients organic and I highly recommend that you do too!
- Before turning on your juicer, make sure you have a jug ready to catch your smoothie at the other end.
- fill the chute with 1 of the apples then begin to load up all the other ingredients into the chute except for the avocado. If there is room at the top, add another apple here.
- Turn on your juicer and begin to press the ingredients down the chute with a gentle pressure. When there is room for the final apple, pop that into the juicer too and continue to press the ingredients down, keeping an eye on the jug so not to overflow.
- The juice will pour out and into the jug provided. Let the juice settle here while you prepare the avocado.
- Remove the skin and the stone from the avocado and pop it into the blender along with the juice and blend together in the blender for a few seconds.
- Pour your smoothie into your favourite glass or flask and you’re ready to enjoy on the move or with your feet up.
I think people automatically assume that because they are drinking pure vegetables that their smoothies are going to taste terrible. This is not the case, in fact the apples keep it nice and sweet making it very easy to drink. They are also surprisingly filling, especially if made to be a little thicker. You can find more about Jason Vales book, apps and his three day juice detox here. Let me know how you get on with it and your thoughts on this recipe, I’d love to hear from you!